How to Submit Registrations at Holstein Canada
There are 4 easy ways to register an animal:
- Online: Sign-up for a Holstein Canada account and submit an e-registration.
- Electronic Registration Application (ERA): Use your
existing records prepared from your on-farm software to register
Helpful how-to guides available:
GEA DairyPlan C21
- Accredited Filing Business: Submit registrations through CanWest DHI and Valacta who offer these services to submit registrations on your behalf. If you are submitting your registrations electronically online, ERA or through an accredited filing business, you will require an electronic registration filing agreement (ERFA).
- Hardcopy:You can mail or fax hardcopy register forms to Holstein Canada. Need more hardcopy registration forms? Click here to order .
What information do you need to register an animal? Here are 4 quick steps to follow:
- Step 1: Record the following pieces of information on the
- service date and animal serviced
- sire ID in herd breeding records.
*Review the Record-Keeping guidelines to ensure you keep appropriate records.
- Date of birth, sex, and birth type (ie.twinning and colour)
- Step 2: Tag newborn calves with approved dairy tags (DairyTrace/Attestra) tags upon birth of animal.
- Step 3: Submit your application for registry by one of the above 4 ways.
- Step 4: Verify accuracy of birth information with herd records upon receipt of Certificate of Registry