Holstein Canada ConneXXion App Guide
Download the app today!
ConneXXion App FAQs
What is ConneXXion App?
It is a mobile application (phone and tablet) developed by Holstein Canada to facilitate the submission of registrations and genomic samples.
Where can I download the App?
You can find find them online at the app store using your mobile device (phone or tablet):
In this first phase, it has two main functions: submitting genomic test samples and registration (Holstein animals) directly from your mobile device.
Who can use the App?
Anyone who has an active Holstein Canada web account can use the application, even if you have only coloured breeds (you can still have a web account!). You use your web account credentials (username and password) to log in.
I do not have a web account, how do set it up?
Head to this link https://www.holstein.ca/en/Home/CreateAccount, and fill up the information needed. Once set up, you can log in to the app using your account credentials.
I have a web account but do not know my credentials, what do I do?
You can use the forgot password function if you don’t remember it. If you also don’t know your username, please contact Holstein Canada at Customer Service or 1-855-756-8300 ext. 410.
Can I submit genomic samples for any breed using the app?
Yes! You CAN submit genomic samples from any dairy breed (Jersey, Ayrshire, Guernsey, Cannadienne, Brown Swiss). The only difference is that you are not able to register other breeds using the app.
Do I have to pay to use the app?
No, the app is completely free to download and you only pay the regular fees associated with registrations and genomic testing. The app facilitates the processes of submitting samples and registrations.
When should I submit a genomic sample using the app?
You can submit the sample as soon as the animal is born; you may or may not choose to register them at that time. Once the animal is registered, the results are processed and sent to you, saving you time. For example, if you genomic test all your animals, it can save you time to receive the results if you send the samples before registration.
What is the timeline for the genomic results?
The results are dependent on the animal’s status:
- If the animal is already registered - regular timeline of 3 to 5 weeks
- If you submit the registration along with the sample – similar to the regular timeline of 3 to 5 weeks
- If you submit the sample from an unregistered animal and do not submit the registration through the app, it is going to take 3 to 5 weeks to have the results, as long as you register the animal in the meantime. If you register after this period, the results are going to be available as soon as we process the registration
Sending through the farm software is easy and you are entering the information into the system anyway. Unless you have a strong preference to send the registrations through a mobile application, it will not save you much time.
I register my animals through a third party, is the app for me?
Your registration method may be very conveninent, so consider the app in case you would like to have the registration process on your own hands and/or use a mobile application.
I have an inventory of tags, do they show in the app?
Yes, if you are outside of Quebec, your tag inventory is automatically loaded into the system. Therefore, if you search for the tag number when colleting a sample or registering that animal, the tag/lifetime number is automatically entered.
Does the Attestra tags (from Quebec farms) get automatically loaded?
No, they don’t. However, you can manually enter your tag inventory from Attestra under the farm settings.
How do I add TSUs to my inventory?
- If you are using single units, enter the number of that unit
- If you have a TSU box, either scan the QR code on the box (point the camera to it), or enter the number of the first unit of the series. All the 10 units will be automatically loaded. Note that only boxes ordered through Holstein Canada can be scanned
- If you have ordered tag/TSU combos, they are automatically entered into the system, so no need to add them
Not all the time. You need to be online to first login and to finalize the sample and/or registration submission. However, you CAN enter the registration or sample information while offline. Note that the search function (for tag inventory, or parents information) will not work while offline, so you must enter them manually.