US genetic evaluation services were privatized in 2013 and are now under the umbrella of the Council for Dairy Cattle Breeding. The Council implemented a new fee structure and consequently, a fee for the provision of American values for Canadian owned animals. These fees are $15 for Holstein females and $225 for Holstein males, unless the males are over 15 months of age, which will be $760. The fees are $44 for Jersey females and $265 for Jersey males, unless the males are over 15 months of age, which will be $800.
In order to request US genomic values for Canadian-owned animals, genomic samples must be submitted through Holstein Canada GenoTest (or GenoId) service. US values can not be obtained by making requests directly to the Council or to the US Holstein Association.
- The initial request can only be made by owner of males and females
Request to receive American values for a Canadian animal can be made:
- At the time of submitting a genomic sample (indicate in tick-box on the GenoTest Application) or;
- Following the initial receipt of Canadian genomic values by contacting Customer Service (the result will only be available at the next monthly release)
- Animals that were previously genotyped and received US results will be automatically updated at no charge at every official proof release (August, December and April).
- All results will be available in PDF and Excel format through your web account
- US genomic evaluations can only be requested for Holstein animals
To request US values for a genotyped animal, contact Holstein Canada's Customer Service department via email or call at 1-855-756-8300 ext. 410.