NLID Tags & Accessories Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your tag order please call 1-877-771-6543 and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.
Tag Return Eligibility
- If the merchandise is returned within a maximum of thirty (30) days following the order date indicated on the invoice
- If the merchandise must be intact and not have been used
- The merchandise is to be returned in its original packaging
- Return the complete sets of 30, 60, 90, 120 etc. as indicated on the invoice in sequential order
Merchandise that may not be exchanged or reimbursed
*See following instructions on how to destroy tags
- Incomplete sets of tags
- Custom Ordered Tags
- Tissue Sampling Units
- Replacements Tags
- New Single White RFID button tags
- Change of Farm Ownership / Tag ownership Transfer Occurrences
- As per the Health of Animals Act, tags cannot be sold or given away if they will be leaving the original shipped to farm location.
- The new producer may request a transfer of ownership for the remaining tags purchased by the previous owner (Ex. Farm has either undergone a generational management change, a farm name change or has been sold as an entire entity and the farming operations will continue in all situations at the same premises).
- All requests for tag ownership transfers must be made by telephone or email through DairyTrace Customer Service at: 1-866-558-7223 or info@DairyTrace.ca
Destruction of Tags
In the case where tag ownership transfer is not an option, the tags must be destroyed. Please note the below options and guidelines for destroying official NLID tags.
- Advise DairyTrace Customer Service at: 1-866-558-7223, of the destruction of the tag range(s)
- Farm has been sold and dispersed therefore, dairy farm operations will cease to continue at this premise
- Tags are not recyclable and must be properly destroyed
- Use of an Industrial Shredder
- Recommended to deface with permanent marker and/or cut the tags/stems before disposal in the trash
- Tags may be returned to the office of NLID to be destroyed (costs for returning merchandise are assumed by the purchaser)
Terms for reimbursement
- All requests for reimbursement must be made by telephone through Customer Service at: 1-877-771-6543
- The merchandise must be returned to the office of NLID at the following address:
- Costs for returning merchandise are assumed by the purchaser (unless otherwise instructed by NLID)